„Body-Mind Centering® is an ongoing, experiential journey into the alive and changing territory of the body. The explorer is the mind – our thoughts, feelings, energy, soul, and spirit. Through this journey we are led to an understanding of how the mind is expressed through the body in movement. … In BMC® we are the material, our bodies and minds the medium of our exploration. … We are each the study, the student, the teacher.“ — Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen
Body-Mind Centering® is the pioneering work of movement educator and therapist Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen. It is experiential and encompassing, drawing on detailed knowledge of anatomy, kinesiology, physiology, psychology, embryology and infant development.
Elements of BMC include:
- Experiential Anatomy – discovering the specific functional and expressive qualities of each tissue and body-system
- Developmental Movement – recognising the foundations of movement and perceptual integration in early infancy and in utero
- Somatic Psychology – embracing the whole person where body, mind and emotional wellbeing are intricately connected
- Touch and Bodywork – supporting individuals to enrich their sense of self, physical structure and internal process
- Dance, Art and Creativity – experiencing the joy of movement, enhancing creative expression and playfulness
is an artist, performer, writer and Somatic Movement Educator in Body-Mind Centering®. His artistic research focusses on intersections of embodiment, ecology and performance. He has been developing somatic practice for over fifteen years and has worked in private practice, theatre and dance, kindergartens and mental health contexts.
€ 6 per unit
Every Wednesday from 04 Nov to 16 Dec 2020, 17.00–18.30